Sunday, May 11, 2008

Is It a Choice?

Found this cartoon in the movie "For the Bible Tells Me So" which I watched this evening instead of studying. I think it is a wonderfully inspiring movie in terms of uplifting a more compassionate theology on homosexuality. My criticism is more that is general to documentaries in terms of not going into more scholarly factual, details. I would have personally liked even more information as to the genesis of this homophobic theology in our culture and why that would have been appealing. More of a history of the movements that they did address would have been helpful too. It struck me that I do not know the reasons why Focus on the Family became popular or why Soul Force was even formulated. But the stories in the movie are so inspirational in uplifting a theology of love and acceptance. I really enjoyed this cartoon and hope you do too.

No comments: