Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Madness Part Two: RELAXING

There was an Easter dinner on campus. I found myself not even wanting to go because I was so tired. I finally had an understanding as a pastors child what the events of Easter being done meant for my parents. We would drive to a hotel where we would do things like swim and watch TV and play cards. Easter dinner tended to be pizza in front of a movie.
So I found myself coming back from campus and CRASHING. Then I found myself watching Music Man and Enchanted, heating a pizza in front of the movie. Realizing that even though I enjoyed the teaching parish craziness, I had been looking forward to the moment of being done with it all and just relaxing by myself.
Although the theologian in me never stops, as I was watching Enchanted for the second time since I bought it this week, I could not help but think a deeper thought about that movie. What that movie does well is capturing the essence of a lot of the Disney princess fairy tales and bringing a fresh perspective on it in the real world of New York. Its hilarious and entertaining. And I couldnt help but think that not only every Easter, but every day in ministry to make ministry alive and fresh looking for new angles on the same stories and finding ways to bring it to our current world.
And as much as I dont want a couch potato mentality on life, I realize how relaxing it can be just to watch DVDs after a bunch of craziness. It helps me recharge.

No comments: