Friday, August 15, 2008

Sucessful Surgery

By the way, the surgery went really well. It was sucessful and it was indeed just a cyst. All good news. I am now in a foot brace because of the placement of the stitches. I wound up being on complete bed rest for a few days afterward. I was glad that I did this while I am living with my mom in Minnesota. I slept most of the time while I was on bed rest.

Immedietely coming out of bed rest I left for Chicago for an amazingly inspiring mission developing conference. I do want to share more about my experiences at this conference with you all. However I will write more about this at a later date because I want to be able to have a little more time to share some of the stories around this. However it was a little challenging getting around with a brace and a crutch. A friend of mine from seminary who was not in my moms class but who came to the conference, people in my class and my mom were all amazingly helpful and supportive in my trying to get around. It really was a fun, healthy bunch of people. More details in the near future.

The thing is that the foot has needed to be elevated for awhile. However not so much anymore. What is driving me crazy right now is that I am not able to drive and i cant get it wet. It is a project for me to get into the shower as I need to have a plastic bag around that to not get it wet. And swimming is one of the things that keeps me sane as well so that is a challenge. But it will be a lot less painful to swim now that the darn lump is off. The stiches and brace comes off on the 19th and I leave for Berkeley on the 25th. The surgery was a sucess and I appreciate all of your prayers!

No comments: