Sunday, April 6, 2008

Even More Loan Check Drama...

I got an invoice from my seminary this week saying that my account was past due. Apparently they didnt take out my rent money from my loan check this semester. The only problem in that? The amount of money they were asking for was exactly the amount I had left for the rest of the semester.

I felt a lot of shame in calling my father up asking for money. Yet in talking with one of my dormmates about this, I realized that I havent borrowed money from family at all for school expenses until now. Even though I felt a certain level of shame for doing this, I realized that it was the most responsible thing to do. I do need to eat and drive my car. (And fix my car...)

I dont like owing people money and the amount of debt I am incurring from seminary is pretty high. However while being a pastor doesnt bring the amount of money that other professions that require this amount of school does, once I have been at it for awhile its not like I will be destitute either. I think that not having kids could lighten the financial load from that quite a bit too, yet that is easy to say now as I am single and in school. However when I get into this cycle of thinking, I realize that I have what I would call word and sacrament lust. In which I need to be as close to these as possible. Resulting in the fact that I probably wouldn't be happy in doing anything else unless it was a phD related to systematics or something like that. So honestly, I think that there is something that does not have financial value in realizing I am happy in what I am doing.

And this little loan check drama got resolved a lot faster than the last one did though too. Which means I am not as distracted...

No comments: