Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

The top things I am thankful for this year:

My parents and my brother are visiting Berkeley this thanksgiving. I'm always thankful for my family, I think they are all wonderful. I am also thankful for my sister who is studying for the GREs this week.

Barack Obama won the presidential election.

Mission developing class this summer: I made new friends, new connections and had restored my sense of call to ordained ministry even if I am called to something more nonconventional.

Gas prices are going down.

My Pace e Bene Internship.

All the trips that I have made this past year: Chicago, Saint Paul, L.A. and Napa

Friendships that are maintained in spite of distance.

That I am still on my own two feet (its only been 4 years since my 2004 accident)

A really awesome teaching parish site. (which has also affirmed my call to ordained ministry)

The gift my singleness has given me of opportunities, friendships and personal growth. (although this does not mean that i would not refuse to be in a healthy relationship--i am just playing the thankful card right now)

I go to school on a goregous campus. (my family says that PLTS reminds them of Holden)

I do love the life of being a student: reading interesting things, going to interesting lectures, meeting interesting people and the opportunities to travel. Its easy to forget how much I love these things when I am overwhelmed by my debt load and a lack of sleep.

My family is so supportive to me.

I do have enough money for all of my living expenses and a little fun as a student (as long as nothing major happens.)

Last but not least: God is always good! Even in my times of struggle, God has worked it for good in my life.

No comments: